All ceramic crowns (all-porcelain) are a current cosmetic dentistry innovation. Aesthetics are the key reason for using an all-ceramic crown. Dentists can now match the crown to your other teeth and construct a perfectly fitting encasement for the damaged tooth using modern technology. This is also beneficial to tooth protection.
WHAT ARE SOME ALL-CERAMIC CROWN ADVANTAGES?
- Natural-looking. All-ceramic restorations strongly match real teeth.
- Long-term results. They can last for up to 15-20 years with good dental care.
- Ceramic is a highly durable material. It can withstand all of the stresses of daily activities like eating, drinking and speaking.
- The fit is superior when compared to other materials such as metals.
- Allergies are not a concern because the material is biocompatible.
- Infection risk is minimal. An all-ceramic crown protects the tooth beneath it extremely well.
WHAT ARE SOME ALL-CERAMIC CROWN DISADVANTAGES?
Disadvantages of all-ceramic crowns include:
- They’re not as long-lasting as other forms of dental crowns. Crowns made entirely of ceramic are more likely to break or crack.
- Sensitivity might rise as a result of substantial dental changes.
- If the complete thickness of the all-ceramic crown has fractured, there is no way to fix it. It will be necessary to replace the restoration.
- The cost may be slightly higher.
In conclusion, all-ceramic crowns are a modern cosmetic dentistry marvel.
E-max is a type of ceramic crown. E-max, Vivaneer, Oprec, Cerec, and other full porcelain crown brands are available in the dentistry market. E-max is a well-known brand of porcelain crowns. E-MAX is constructed of lithium disilicate ceramic, a material chosen for its translucent appearance and durability. They are well-known for their aesthetics and durability. Their popularity stems from their high-quality appearance, which is nearly indistinguishable from natural teeth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE E-MAX CROWN?
- This glass-ceramic has outstanding long-term durability and strength when bonded.
- The most natural-looking option. E-max crowns have an optimal balance of translucency and lifelike appearance, making them ideal for front tooth restoration.
- It can be used to replace any section of a tooth and has fewer drilling limitations because it is bonded rather than glued.
- This is an all-porcelain crown. Unlike other alloy-based crowns like PFM or metal, are more biocompatible. Therefore E-max does not include allergies.
- There is no black line at the gumline.
WHAT ARE E-MAX CROWN DISADVANTAGES?
There are a few things to consider, if E-max crowns are the right choice;
Firstly, E-max is best suited for the front teeth. This is simply because front teeth exert less force when biting down and eating. Metal crowns are preferable for your back teeth since they can withstand more power when chewing.
The second disadvantage is the price of the E-max crown. Which is higher than that of a zirconia crown and metal crown.
Lastly, this crown type isn’t great at concealing black teeth because of its high translucency.